Friday, June 29, 2007

The Family of Geeks

A poem I came out with, putting myself in the shoes of a Geek

I am a Geek, a known geek
Like many of my fellow geeks, I have a wife
My wife is a TV geek
TV reigns supreme and computers come in second
I am a Geek, a known geek

I am a Geek, a known geek
my computer and her TV doesn't make the best of friends
but they get by, cos' they sit at different places
I sure hope my wife and I don't end up like them, siting in different places all through the day
I am a Geek, a known geek

I am a Geek, a known geek
my wife and I stood in front of the altar many years ago, now
didn't know but sure do feel like it was the computer and the TV that exchanged vows then
I am a Geek, a known geek

I am a Geek, a known geek
I tried talking, but got scolding.
now, I have a son, called music.
I am a Geek, a known geek

I am a Geek, a known geek
life sure is strange, but then love hurts,
when denial takes place and no actions are forthcoming. love hurts
I am a Geek, a known geek

I am a Geek, a known geek

2 comments:

Isaak Kwok said...

Very nice poem! :P

tiny digit said...

thank you! btw. I am not a known geek (pun intended!). I am not a geek and TV is the first thing my wife and I would agree to throw out if not for the kids and their cartoons. :)